The Globe Unified Payment Service (UPS) is a payment platform to accept online payments for bills, retail, subscriptions, and registrations for Globe products and services. The platform now handles almost PhP 1B worth of online payments from customers per month.
As a brand that aims to serve more customers with wonderful digital experiences, Globe also has to make sure that their millions of subscribers are able to conveniently transact with them online. This includes payments. Before UPS was in place, the Globe payment service only catered to limited channels, including PayBill and GlobeOne. This meant that most clients still had to do over-the-counter transactions, an experience that is not aligned with the digital transformation vision that Globe had.
Stratpoint deployed an Agile team to help Globe with the architecture, design, implementation, and operation of the platform. With UPS in place, Globe is able to:
● Enable online payments for 11 Globe channels
● Support multiple payment gateways including GCash, BPI, Adyen, iPay, and more in the roadmap
● Allow online installments, credit card, debit card, and bank payments
● Generate reports based on all payment channels
● With the platform born in the cloud, handle transactions 24/7 and scale as their customers grow
Governed by Agile, Globe and Stratpoint deploys new features and improvements in 2-week sprints.
● Node.JS, React.JS, Serverless Framework
● AWS Services: EC2, Athena, S3, Cognito, Kinesis Firehose, Glacier, Lambda, Dynamodb, API Gateway, Cloudwatch, EC2 Server (Proxy), SNS, SQS, Nginx (for Proxy Server), VPC
● PM2, Logrotate